Home emergency device for heart attack victims.
Heart Attacks are a leading cause of death worldwide, and over 70% of them occur at home. More than 90% of these cases do not make it, as the rescuer has less than 5 minutes to react before brain damage occurs. We designed an emergency response device that empowers anyone (without medical training) to rescue a heart attack victim.
Heart Aid can increase chances of survival drastically. It does so through clever ergonomic features and familiar technologies. The device actively counters the state of panic most people experience while tending to a heart attack victim. It allows anyone to perform CPR & defibrillation within minutes of the attack; reducing errors, saving time, and – in doing so – saving lives.
After years of research and development, and studying the emotional and physical limitations of our bodies in a state of panic, we created a solution with unprecedented features.
Awards & Mentions
- Red Dot Design Award: Concept, Winner, 2012
- A’Design Award, Silver Award Winner, 2012
- Spark Award, Winner, 2011
U.S Utility Patent Granted
Functional, efficient and intuitive design.
- Calls paramedics automatically when powered on with GPS to identify location.
- Two way video call with trained professional to guide and support the user.
- CPR is simplified with a neck rest and a compression pad.
- AED can be done without the removal of garments.
As simple as a pillow and a blanket, and as familiar as tucking someone in.
We created multiple prototypes and conducted many user tests. This helped us understand how to counter the state of panic, and helped in choosing the most comfortable materials and ergonomics.