As an Intern at Twelve Degrees you will gain experiences in industrial design and innovation. You will get a better understanding of what design thinking is, engage in design research and ideation, create prototypes, and design looks like, works like deliverables while working with a diverse team of local designers.
We will shape the internship with you, depending on what you hope to learn and how long you want or need to intern for.
Once you are here you will:
- Help with the building of prototypes for in-house testing
- Do desk research
- Translate research into design concepts that are human-centered and technically feasibile
- Anything else that may come up
- Passionate about the creation of meaningful design solutions.
- A motivated self-starter
- Curious and eager to learn
- Ideally you already have some design experience, for instance through school projects
- You have been exposed to problem solving methods
- You have strong written and verbal presentation skills (creation and delivery)
- Ideally you already have some experience using tools of the trade (like Photoshop, Illustrator, Fusion/Solidworks/Rhino)
- University students and graduates in product design. Candidates with other majors are encourage to apply if most requirements are met.
- A portfolio showcasing at least one project that you have worked on. For instance at school or university, or in your free time.
Please include your answer to the following question in your application. Bonus points if you include sketches.
What product or experience would you redesign and how would you change it?
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, portfolio and answer to the challenge question to Joyce Spasioti at [email protected].
Applications that are missing any of the above will not be considered.
Submission deadline: apply before July 8th.